Work with Bird!
Welcome! We’re always interested in hearing from potential instructors; please see below for current openings.
We are: A music school, recording studio, record label and performance venue that serves students of all ages, from kids to adults. We’re passionate about music, interested in technology and keen to use our talents to benefit and lift up others whenever possible.
You are: A talented musician or vocalist in your own right; interested in sharing your skills with students; good at connecting and communicating with people of a variety of ages, especially kids; available to be on-site in our Polk Street location; generally awesome!
Instructor – Bands & Private Lessons (posted 12/10/21)
Music school seeks warm-spirited instructor for group/band rehearsals and private instrumental instruction for children and adults of all ages. We are looking for a multi-instrumentalist and or voice instructor with chops to start immediately. Must be able to teach and play some or all of the following instruments: guitar, bass, drums, piano, ukulele, voice, brass/woodwinds with a specialty in your primary instrument.
- Multi-Instrumentalist experience and/or Voice teaching experience.
- Experience teaching music to kids and adults in private and group lessons
- Desire to work with a variety of ages and skill levels
- Flexible schedule (Hours are usually 3-7pm Monday – Friday, Saturdays 10am-3pm)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Time management skills
- Excellent accountability with students and studio admin
- Must understand and teach notation and tablature
- Help students create and achieve their musical goals
- General awesomeness
- TB screening/Live Scan, background check and current COVID protocols/vaccination (employer provided)
- 2 years teaching experience
- Availability to work Saturdays and 4 annual Sunday recitals
- Ability to play by ear, teach notation and theory
- Band experience
- Performance experience
- Experience with ensemble instruction
Please send us a resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.