Making learning safe
We’ve missed you! We’re eager to welcome you back, and we want to make sure we do it in the safest way possible.
To protect our community, we adhere to the following rules*:
- Only Bird staff and students are allowed to enter Bird.
- Everyone who enters our facility is screened for COVID symptoms and required to complete a questionnaire about their health and activities.
- Everyone age 10 and up is required to wear a cloth face mask at all times in Bird.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 9 years old will be encouraged to wear a face covering as much as possible.
- All persons entering Bird are required to use the sanitizing station at the entrance of the studio.
- Each Bird instructor is limited to 14 weekly in-person students (either In-Studio or In-Home).
- The studio is set up to assist in social distancing by students and staff.
- We are offering outdoor classes (In-Home lessons in highly ventilated and/or outdoor spaces, as well as by way of distanced group classes of four to six students in SF parks).
- We are using windows, fans, air-conditioning and air-filtering units to optimize and maximize ventilation in-studio.
- All frequently-touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected regularly by Bird staff.
- Any shared instruments are disinfected before being used by another student.
- No group singing or wind instruments will be allowed in Bird at this time.
*Please note: Since the situation is constantly changing, these rules may change. Please be prepared to follow any rules and instructions given to you as you enter Bird. Thanks for helping us keep everyone healthy and safe!